Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What do I want in a school?

Goal of the week: Job. All job, all the time. I've decided to change my goal of the week as I've had a total nervous breakdown and a mild ulcer. Jobjobjobjobjobjobjob.

Thought of the day: What do I want in a school?

I think that, as educators, we always get bogged down with these lists of things that we need to find in a job... like money, good opportunities, great insurance, and the like.

I think that a better question to ask is this: "What's a good fit for me?"

I know that the school that I've been teaching at for the past 10 months has great students. I know that there are some good points and bad points to teaching there. I know that I wouldn't trade it for anything because I've learned a lot about myself.

I've learned a lot in what I think would be a great fit to my skills as an educator. I think that makes me more valuable, if not slightly more picky. I know what I'm looking for.

Do you?

*Sidenote: I've been teaching all day today through the desire to throw-up. Go me that I've not vomited on any of my students. Today's pensive notes have been brought to you by my ardent desire to gain employment next year and a lot of bad chinese food...*

No comments:

Post a Comment