Friday, February 27, 2009

PeaceCorps

2/27/09
Friday

Weekly Goal: Posting lesson plans to my blog. That hasn't been going so well, but then again nothing really has the last part of this week after the lab. Sleep deprivation has truly set in and my brain has shut off. I think that this entire week I've gotten under 5 to 4 hours of sleep a night and after 6 days of it my brain has lost it. I also have a stack of grading that is getting up to past a foot think that I don't have time for. Basically... it's mental break down time.

Today, the kids got to watch a presentation about the PeaceCorps. I loved it and it had some gross slides on it and some interesting ones that kept the kids guessing. I wish it was a little bit more relevant to the kids lives, but it wasn't my presentation. It felt great just to sit down and not talk for a bit. All in all, it was good to have the kids get some culture in class. I try to do that as much as possible. I loved the experience and hope to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment