Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can I adopt them all?

Goal of the week: Lesson plans - So far, they are stuck in my brain and not getting out into the page. I think I need to keep a notebook on me for ideas. Some days I have really great ideas for my lesson plans. Other days I can't seem to remember my ideas when I go to sit at my computer. I'm still trying to get into the swing of things. I'll get it sooner or later. I hope it's not later.

One of my students got into a fistfight with his father. It's scary because he thinks that he started it and his father has him thinking that he needs to have a punishment for it because he started it. He went to the hospital because of this fistfight. Did I mention that? He spent the whole of class today with his head down and flexing and unflexing his hands and staring at them when he was awake. I'm a little worried about him. It does explain why he's been such a behavioral problem in class.

I want to take them all home with me but I know that's not legal. I really wish I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment