Friday, March 19, 2010

Transitional Coach

Transitional Coach Meeting after school

I had my final observation and meeting with my transitional coach today. To review, my T.C. was a lady appointed by my graduate school and transition to teaching program (tm) to help get my teaching up to par with their standards. Her job was to help me meet their expectations while I was struggling with my new teaching environment.

She watched me teach during my last period. She stayed after school to talk to me about my progress and her final assessment of my teaching practices. It went very well. She said I had developed and that she was confident in my teaching practices.

She also said that I should look into teaching a the collegiate level. She said that my style of teaching, the types of projects that I wanted to teach about, and that my wit and sarcasm would lend itself well to a 2 year or 4 year college. I think I agree with her. I'd love to give that a try and see how it works out. That, and it would be a lot less work. I'm going to give it some thought over the next few months and see if it's something that I want to look into later.

Overall, I'm just happy that I did well with my 2 advisers up to the end. There was some worry there for awhile that I was not doing well enough to get past them. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment