Thursday, March 18, 2010

20 Days Left

21 days of teaching left before the surgery. On April 26th, I'm going to update one last time before I go to the hospital for abdominal surgery. I should be hospitalized for 2 days and then I'll be on bed-rest for some time before I'm up and able to walk around again. Yes, I'm nervous. Yes, I'm worried about my teaching in the mean time - because it's hard to concentrate with my body as it is right now. The pain isn't quite as bad as it was before the shots, but on the other hand I'm worried about more than I was last time.

As things are drawing to a close before the surgery, I want to focus on things that I have found entertaining about my life as a teacher this year. Before the surgery, I expect things to go fairly smoothly as I have the time to prepare for the upcoming missing time and the kids will all be caught up for their ECAs (end of course assessments) for the state.

Life is a funny thing. Being ill has put aspects of my teaching into perspective and made me worry about fewer things at school - though on the other hand I worry about different things.

First goal - get the thesis done and everything ready to go for graduating before I need to be on bedrest for a month or so. That, in and of itself, is nerve-wracking. However, I have great hope. Only 5 more weeks of working insane hours and getting everything caught up before I have quite a bit of time to myself. Everything will go alright. In this, I put my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment