Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Things that are working!

Peer Review - Where the students are editing each other's work and giving feedback.

This actually went well! Of course, I'm writing this halfway through my day and my afternoon classes are a bit more on the "squirrely" side, but it is progress. I've been trying so many new things in my classroom lately that it's nice to have one of them finally work.

Also, I'm having one volunteer teach the Guided Notes for the day. That means that one of my students gets to get up in front of the class, go through the notes, hand out the Stars when people answer right, and basically practice public speaking. This is a major win. I think I'd like to use this more.

Now, if I didn't come up with both of these because I'm not doing well healthwise. I guess necessity is the mother of invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment