I think my New Year's Resolution should be to blog every day and not just when I'm so angry or upset that I indulge in BlogRant (tm).
Also... I'm so much better that I was last year at this time. Case in point: we'll compare where I was last year and where I am now. Some positivity is well deserved and might help me to put things in perspective.
- Struggling with how to organize my lessons
- Didn't know how to lesson plan
- Completely made it up as I went along (no planning in advance)
- Reactive discipline instead of preventative procedures
- Was trying to be students' friend instead of Instructor (big issue last year)
- Didn't know how to grade in a timely/effective manner
- Had trouble keeping track of grades
- Never called home
- Periodically had "free days" due to lack of planning
- Still having problems with how to effective keep track of grades
- Still having issues grading quickly and and getting stuff back to the students
- Struggling with classroom management... but SO much better
As Doctor Heal Thyself, so I need to listen to myself more.