Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How I do love breaks.

Goal of the week: To get my D.O.T. project done. I have to get this huge project done for my masters degree. It's going to be huge and it's going to be hairy. I even need to have myself videotaped while I'm in class, teaching. That is an issue since I lack a camera. My professor at my grad school seemed a little floored at that one. She was also a little taken aback that I didn't have a cell phone with video camera capabilities. Sorry, I'm poor. I spent until November being a substitute. Not having medical insurance for all that time killed me. I'm still catching up on the bills. At any rate, I want to do well on this project so I can get on with the teaching part of my life. I'm excited to become a full teacher and move on past the emergency teacher's license so I can teach with some job protection. Whoo!

Topic of the day: How I do love breaks.

I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be in a profession that had a lot of breaks because I think that Americans work too much. We spend entirely too much time at work and I think it's unhealthy. I love being a teacher and I thought, initially, that the amount of time spent on break would be a good match with my philosophy for work. However, now I'm thinking that it's really not. I've been working since Christmas break and I'm nearly dead. I think I may not make it to Spring Break on Friday and that's 2 days away.

I've developed another infection since December. Add to that a negative reaction to the antibiotics that is making my stomach extremely upset and you have a very unhappy teacher. I've decided that I just can't do it anymore and the kids are getting a movie the last two days of school before break. It makes me a horrible person, but it's either that or I'm going to be about sick and I absolutely hate that.

At least I'm having them watch "Ice Age," and we're covering climate change and glaciers. That is moderately over what they are covering. Right? I'm not an evil person... right? Ugh.

Is it Spring Break yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment