Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grumpy Teaching Days

I should not attempt to teach when extremely grumpy.

My S.O. just left to go out of town for a long weekend. This really should not affect my teaching as much as it is. I can't seem to concentrate today and I feel like I'm down in the dumps. I know that I'll be going home to an empty house and that there's nothing to take my mind off of the incessant litany of things that I need to be doing for my teaching/masters degree class/thesis/professional responsibilities...

When you're a teacher, it seems like there's no off button. I can't go home and turn my brain off so I can think about other things - like my life. I need the distraction or I start to go batty.

Either that or I'm just lonely and mopey. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment