Monday, February 22, 2010

Academic Probation - Version 2.0

Professional Update

In my transition to teaching program, I've apparently made some sort of "Bad Child" list. I now have two observers from my graduate program coming to watch me teach. The new observer seems very nice and our first meeting gave me a positive outlook on working with her.

However, I'm wary. My experience in this program so far has been one of ups and downs. Lately, there's been more downs that ups. What with the threat of getting expelled in the program in November for not having control of my classes and the added observer coming to watch me now, I can't help but worry.

The new observer was called a Transitional Coach by my superiors in my Transition to Teaching program two weeks ago when they said that I should seriously consider working with her for my benefit. I wonder if I ever had the opportunity to say no. At any rate, when this new observer came to see me last week and observe my classroom and teaching style, she called herself an "Intervention Coach." That, to me, has a very different meaning.

Le sigh. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing anything right at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment