Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just keep breathing

Thought of the Day: Break couldn't have come at a greater time. I so need a break. I need it like fish need water.

Perhaps I'm a mudpuppy at this point. I just want to have my life work out.

Things that are working in my classroom:
  • Hot water kettle for oatmeal or tea.
  • Assignment calendar to record each day's work.
  • Student Star Awards
  • Calling parents at warning #2 for misbehavior... (up to 21 a night - ugh)
  • Attention grabber in the form of a Suquishy Ball that I throw around the room
  • Review Jeopardy for candy at the start of each day
  • Set procedure for getting the students' attention (5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - all eyes on me)
  • Student Behavior Cards - logging all phone calls home... and students get a call for anything they've done wrong... lots of time on the phone for me and it's all recorded for posterity.
  • Study supplies table - where everything is organized for the students. They have all spare copies of assignments going back for the unit, their work for today to be passed out, and spare paper/pencils for people that don't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment