Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How did I get all my students on board?

Goal of the week: Get the D.O.T. turned in. This is my main and only goal at this point. This monster of a paper is helping me because I'm finally learning how to do everything for unit and lesson planning. I had been tracking down other teachers and books on how to do this all last semester and this semester and this silly project finally helped me learn how to do it. Who knew?

Thought of the day: How did I get all my students on board?

I had this thought the other day that I've done something right and I don't know how I've done it. Suddenly, and I don't know how, all of my students will do whatever I ask them to do in class. I don't know how I've accomplished this. I thought back to the start of the year and I had to bend over backwards to get them to do anything. Now, I can get them to do stuff just by asking and saying please and they will. What happened?

I need to figure this out so I can repeat it next year. I just can't figure out what I did to make it right. I have to replicate this. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment